- Yoga is a holistic way of healthy life and living with its cultural roots in ancient Indian scripture, handed down to us in the form of Living Tradition.
- Yoga focuses on developing integration between thoughts, words, and deeds of an individual that, in turn, helps in establishing harmony between self and his/her surroundings.
VISION: To preserve and perpetuate through a Guru-Sishya Parampara (teacher-disciple tradition) the ancient practice of yoga as a holistic way of healthy life and living.
MISSION: To be a centre of excellence in Yogic Science by harnessing ancient wisdom within contemporary need and relevance, through a harmonious process of teaching, learning, research, and service.
- Some of the capstone initiatives taken by the Yogic Science department at Sri Sri University are practical oriented teaching which aims to give a systematic approach for better adaptability; improved learning ability; enhanced orderliness in thinking leading to holistic growth of the students.
- The presence of highly educated and experienced Faculty of Yogic Sciences, at Sri Sri University incorporates a variety of teaching-learning methods, involving a blend of both traditional and modern facilities for classical learning and practical techniques as:a) Outbound Infrastructure equipped with modern technologies of ICT etc. along with the blend of learning in Guru-Kula style to instill them with value-based education.b) The course curriculum is unique and incorporates evidence-based traditional yoga philosophy from Indian scriptures as, Upanishads, Bhagwat Gita, Patanjali yoga sutras, Hatha yoga etc. with demonstration and one-to-one practice sessions of techniques – kriya’s, Asana’s, pranayama, etc.
- Student centered learning techniques are inbuilt in the study plan with a focus on participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, inside and outside the campus.
- Yoga Research is a part of our Department with a view to promote a proper blend of Science and Spirituality.
- Career opportunities are in the ﬁeld of teaching, research and entrepreneurship.